Since rejoining the Ford lineup in 2016 after being discontinued in 1969, the Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 and GT350R track-ready sports cars have gained a loyal following. The 2019 version is more a tweak of the current generation rather than a redesign. Here are some of the highlights:
- The MagnaRide suspension has recalibrated springs and revised damping.
- Staggered 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels carry new Michelin Sport Cup 2 Z-rated tires.
- There is a new spoiler with an available Gurney flap for improved aerodynamics.
- You can choose the standard machined aluminum instrument panel or optional exposed carbon fiber version.
- The Recaro race seats are available with power adjustments and Miko suede inserts, and have side bolsters and open pass-throughs for safety harnesses.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control and a garage door opener are standard.
- There is an available 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system.
- Brembo fixed front and brake calipers are standard.
The engine in the Shelby GT350 is a naturally aspirated 5.2-liter flat-plane crankshaft V-8 with direct port injection which develops 526 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque. Power is delivered through a Tremec TR-3160 6-speed manual transmission. The final drive is a TORSEN with a 3.73:1 ratio. Drivers can adjust the exhaust sound with controllable baffles. Top speed is listed as 180 MPH.
If you want to experience the 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 for yourself, find the best Ford dealership in your area by visiting fordcustomerrelations.com for more information. Our website will direct you to a dealership in the Long Island area that is sure to meet your needs and deliver exceptional service!